HOW-TO:Install Kodi for iOS
- To install Kodi for iOS you must have a jailbroken iDevice running iOS 4.0 through 8.1.2. (4.3 or higher recommended)
- For hardware: iPad (1,2,3,4), iPad Air, iPad Mini (1,2), iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5S), iPod touch (4, 5).
- If you have any issues, be sure to read the iOS FAQ!
1 Installing from Cydia
Updates for stable releases of XBMC/Kodi are handled by Cydia and will show up in the ‘Changes’ section when available. (After updating the sources)
3 Development and custom builds
|Nightly build||Nightly builds are unstable test builds that have the latest bug fixes and feature additions. They are not fully tested, so anticipate issues and be sure to backup your userdata folder||Download the newest .deb file from:http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/ios/|
|Monthly build||Monthly builds are more stable than nightly builds, but still contain lots of experimental new code.||Download the newest .deb file from:http://mirrors.kodi.tv/snapshots/darwin/ios/|
|Betas andrelease candidates||Betas and release candidates are builds that are being tested to see if they have any bugs left before becoming a stable release. Most major bugs should be fixed in these builds.||Download the newest .deb file from:http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/pre-release/ios/deb/|
|Older stable builds||If you wish to download an older version of XBMC/Kodi for whatever reason, you can do so with these same instructions below.||http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/deb/|
- Install iFile from Cydia if you don’t already have it.
- In Mobile Safari (or any browser that can download files) open the
.debfile you wish to install, such as from the locations noted above.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Note: Mobile Safari in iOS 7 won’t show the progress bar for downloads, but it will show a loading icon in the menu bar. Just wait a few minutes until the download is done, but don’t close Safari.
- Select “Open in…”
- Select iFile from the available apps
- iFile will get a copy of the downloaded file and open an action menu. Select install. When iFile is complete you can tap done at the top.
- In iFile, swipe to delete the downloaded XBMC/Kodi deb file as it is no longer needed.
See here to verify your XBMC/Kodi version.
4.1 Uninstalling just XBMC/Kodi
You’re all done.
4.2 Removing settings
- From the terminal, run
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/
- From iFile